Every now and then I go back and revisit my notes and books from my health coaching school, IIN, to stay inspired in my journey. I need to be reignited. I opened my book right to this exercise; AH, perfect. A letter to myself. I thought if it helped me, I would share it with you. Take time to create the space you need to do it. I need this kind of moment to set my intentions, to listen more carefully, and act in a more loving way.
Come back to it. Come back to it again and again. For me, once the thoughts start flowing, they build upon themselves after a good walk. Here is my start~
Dearest body of mine,
After careful thought and consideration, I hereby promise to
- Accept you and be grateful for you the way you are
- Fuel you with nourishing foods
- Realize that laughter, play, and rest help you feel good
- Exercise regularly and appropriately for my body by adding movement everyday
- Understand that my unexpressed emotions and thoughts affect you
- Listen to the messages you are sending me when you are tired or sick
- Accept that I have the power to heal you
- Realize that you deserve to be healthy
- Cultivate a wardrobe that projects an image I am proud of
- Nurture my relationships
- Follow through on the little ideas that I keep in the back of my mind
- Express gratitude to those in my life
- Honor you as the temple of my soul
I love you so much,
Its a start!
We will always be working on our health, our wellness. Its our journey. The real question is:
What are you going to do with your health???
Steeping in Metta (loving kindness)