I have written about my love of bone broth, encapsulated my love in images, and drink it several times a week. In the past I would have my stove top going hours on end, then I moved on to the Crockpot which enabled me to keep it simmering overnight, and then I graduated to Carrot Bomb’s sipper broths. All of these are great ideas (especially Carrot Bomb) but all of them have drawbacks. Time, freezing, and having them ready when the inspiration to cook something up comes to mind.
This is where Kettle & Fire comes in
Kettle and Fire is located at Whole Foods now, BUT they are also delivering right to your door step! I am so excited about this- Kettle and Fire is offering YOU, our fans, 10% off your first order by entering STEEPEDINWELLNESS10 at check out! If you order 6 or more cartons, shipping is waived too.
Benefits specific to Kettle & Fire Chicken
- Fresh, never-frozen bone broth. They are the only company that has a fresh bone broth that won’t go bad, doesn’t require freezing and doesn’t ship with harmful styrofoam containers and dry ice.
- They package it while it’s hot (so no germs can get in), and in what’s known as an “aseptic” vacuum environment so there are zero pathogens in the box or in the packaging area. This means no spoilage and a 2 year shelf-life with no added preservatives or additives!
- This bone broth is made from all organic chicken bones
- Super high amounts of collagen and gelatin since they use chicken feet
- The slow-simmer time extracts insane amount of proteins (10g protein per serving!)
- The organic chicken bones they use results in higher quality bones and more flavorful bone broth
- Combination of chicken bones, veggies and spices create an amazingly delicious bone broth.
Overall benefits of bone broth consumption
- Joint health –Having had knee surgery this is super important to me.
- Bone broth contains tons of collagen, the protein that makes up bones, tendons, ligaments and other flexible tissues.
- Bone broth contains other proteins like gelatin, proline and glycine
- Contains lots of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including glucosamine, that are commonly taken as supplements to reduce joint pain and inflammation
- Digestion -Last week I had an awful stomach bug and was lucky enough to have this on hand to drink. It’s filling, nourishing, and easy- which is a huge bonus when you are under the weather.
- The glycine and glutamine – both amino acids found in large quantities in bone broth – help maintain the integrity of the intestinal wall, preventing leaky gut.
- The collagen found in bone broth helps improve digestion by ensuring that the stomach lining is healthy.
- Skin –Great for aiding in the affects of sun exposure- HELLO summer!
- In the same way that bones are comprised of proteins, so is your skin. Skin loses elasticity and hair becomes brittle when nutrient deficient. One of the single best ways to restore luster to skin and hair is to consume collagen. Consuming collagen-rich bone broth can increase connective tissue, reduce cellulite and tighten your skin.
- Detoxification – I am always looking for ways to support my body.
- The glycine found in bone broth supports the liver in one of its primary duties: to collect, compound, and orchestrate removal from the body. Glycine also helps the body to reduce oxidative stress by producing antioxidants.
- Contains minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium from bone breakdown.
Here are some ways I like to use it:
SIPPING! -I always heat on the stove, there is something that doesn’t seem right about heating it up in the microwave. I’ll add whatever spices I am feeling.
- Turmeric with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Lemon Pepper
- Curry Powder and some coconut milk
COOKING – Rice/Quinoa- Makes a great depth of flavor. I’ll add spices here too, depending on what I am making up.
SMOOTHIES – YES! And, no, you can’t even taste it. Which is great for these summer months when you may not want to be sipping hot broth but still want all the goodness. I think this needs its own post – stay tuned!
SOUPS – and never look back. Most store bought containers are full of sodium and not made with all the free range and organic meats and veggies that this is.
MY DOG – I am that mo;, just freeze up some in ice cubes tray for a great summer treat!
I am so excited we buddied up with them and are able to give you this discount. Remember to enter STEEPEDINWELLNESS10 at checkout through our special link for your discount off your first order.
We hope you try and enjoy as much as we have!
Steeping in Organic Broth Goodness,
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning we get a small kick back. We wouldn’t support anything we don’t use and love. Thank you for supporting our Green Smoothie and Beer Garden Habits.