Sometimes we are exposed to an idea and it just clicks. It gets you excited and you want to know more and do more. That’s what happened to my co-worker Heather and I with The AromaTouch technique. We already had a love for Doterra’s essential oils and as Massage Therapists LOVED the idea of using them in this way for our clients.
“AromaTouch is not a massage but a technique that stimulates body meridians, energy zones and elicits a profound effect on the body systems and viscera through the rhythmic application of touch and specific aroma to stimulate a state of balance commonly known as homeostasis.
The AromaTouch Technique has three significant attributes. First is to enhance the utilization and therapeutic result of eight specific essential oils. The AromaTouch Technique offers the right balance between essential oil benefit and biophysical tolerance.
Secondly is to address specific conditions of health that are known to be constants in their overall impact on health related issues. These known conditions are identified as “systemic constants.” Addressing these four major health constants through the therapeutic activity of essential oils is helpful in modifying many specific symptoms and core wellness issues.
Lastly is to re-establish a state of homeostasis. Homeostasis is defined by many to be a state of wellbeing. Homeostasis is much more than a perception of wellness it is how the body functions collectively. The AromaTouch Technique helps to balance activity between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. Homeostasis then is described as our capacity to appropriately react to emotional and physical stressors.”
There are 8 essential oils broken up into 4 categories:
- Emotional calming and grounding
- doTerra Balance: a combination of tree oils and roots. The soft energy is excellent for re-connecting and grounding when your mind has been racing. Encourages one to stay in the moment to manifest their vision.
- Lavender: supports individuals in releasing tension and constriction that stems from fear of expressing oneself.
- Melaleuca: or Tea Tree the oil of energetic boundaries; helps clear one’s energetic boundaries.
- doTerra On Guard: the oil of protection strengthens one’s immune system physically and also against negative energies. It helps to strengthen one’s inner resolve.
- Physically relaxing
- AromaTouch: the oil of whole self relaxation and healing.
- Deep Blue: the oil of surrendering pain. Generally used for physical pain but can help individuals who are resisting emotions that underlie their physical pain.
- Wild Orange: the oil of abundance which restores one’s physical energy.
- Peppermint: the oil of a buoyant heart. Invigorating to body, mind, and spirit. Seals in the previous oils to assist in their healing.
I wish I was on the table right now! Life can be hard. I heard the other day that
“THE BEST SELF CARE IS SELF COMPASSION”
Taking care of these vessels we are in is our job. This is just a delicious way to honor that.
If this sounds like something you would like, or a Mom in your life, give us a call at Invivo Wellness on MKE’s east side.
Steeping in the aroma,