Like most of the country, we have had a weird winter. Very little snow and cold, and unseasonably warm weather. It makes me wonder (and become concerned) about what is really happening with our climate. I am old enough now to think back – pretty clearly – to much, much different weather patterns growing up. Although March and April have always been very hit-or-miss, one thing was for sure, everyone was waiting eagerly for those early signs of spring to appear. The red breasted robin, the protruding daffodil buds, the thawed puddles…well, a lot of those signs are already here!
With anticipation of the next season, I often think about the plans and ideas that I would love to do, those things that you can’t quite do until…the weather gets warmer, the sun is out, the grass is greener. I thought it would be fun to do a little Spring Bucket list and share with you! (Although the garage needs to be cleaned out and the yard perked up, I am sticking with FUN Bucket list items!)
Spring Bucket List:
- Hike Scuppernong Trail with the kids (I got this recommendation from my friend Theresa and haven’t had a chance to experience it yet)
- Plant Seeds
- Go star and planet searching on a clear night
- See a sunrise on Lake Michigan
- Get our bikes ready so we can ride when we are ready
- Visit the Farmer’s Markets as soon as they open
- Check out the NEW Zoo & Adventure Park which is North of Green Bay
- Get in 9 holes of golf (my sister and I joined a golf league and I want to go out at least once, ah-hem Lauren)
- And last but NOT least, Puddle Jumping!
OK, I need more ideas because Spring is right around the corner…what are your Spring Bucket List ideas?
Steeped in Spring,