Did you know that November is Gratitude month? It makes sense with it being the month of Thanksgiving. Usually, my family will go around the table and say something they are thankful for. But why not all month?
Derrick Carpenter of Happify Daily says, “People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems. And gratitude doesn’t need to be reserved only for momentous occasions: Sure, you might express gratitude after receiving a promotion at work, but you can also be thankful for something as simple as a delicious piece of pie.”
We challenge you to write something down each day what you are grateful for throughout the month. At the end of the month you can submit your list for a prize! We will notify you on Facebook closer to the end date what the prize will be, so make sure you are following us!
Here is a tip: keep it specific. Don’t just say you are thankful for your family. Maybe say something like, “I am thankful that my husband volunteered to do the dishes tonight.” Or, “I love how soft my slippers are.” Become more aware of all the little things, and you may just start noticing more and more.
We are already a week into the month, so starting today, go for it! Maybe share things around the dinner table all month long. Or if you’re dead tired at night, think of something in your morning commute or over breakfast. Just be present and I bet you will have a hard time narrowing it down to just one thing for your day.
Here is my list so far this month:
- I am so grateful we have such great friends and family that helped us unload endless boxes from our move.
- The colors of the leaves at our new house are amazing!
- We saw 3 deer this morning in our new backyard.
- Thankful my husband doesn’t think twice about watching W so I could go out for dinner with girlfriends. I had the BEST dessert…thank you La Reve!
- W and I got to watch Daddy play kickball on a gorgeous Saturday with our cousins…(I usually work)
- My egg bake souffle turned out great for brunch with my-In Laws.
- So grateful W was a super helper today at my prenatal check up.
I feel much better after focusing on all the POSITIVE in the day.
Steeping in Gratitude,